Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sewing Studio Tour

Since my current studio isn't quite ready for her debut (promise to show you soon!) I'm going to show you my first "real" studio.
Prior to this I had sewn on the kitchen table, in a corner and even the garage - so this base was the first time I had a room - an indoor room - all just for me! My friend Tina came over and helped me with everything, from building to decorating. We've both since PCS'd from WA, but I'll never forget this awesome space she helped me create while we were stationed together. (I miss you friend!)


We created an L shaped work area using my sewing cabinet and a work table we built using closet organizers as the base and painted plywood for the top.


I painted my sewing cabinet white, and changed out the handles and knobs.


I painted plain ol' tool boxes white, and suddenly they looked a million times better!



Below a shoe organizer holds all my FQ's and scraps, sorted by color 


On the other side of the table white bins (Tina picked these up on sale at Jo Anns - score!) fit perfectly in the cubbies and house foot pedals, chenille scraps, embroidery thread containers (aka matchbox car cases I stole from my son)


Here I have an Armoire I snagged at Target on Clearance. This contained all my  quilting cottons.
(to the left of this armoire if a door way into the kitchen, to the right the room opens into our living room)




Across from this I have a large white closet (which has a full, long life)


This was perfect in this space because it helped define my studio space in a physical sense, and it boasted a ton of storage space for my ironing board, chenille collection, batting and smaller craft stuff.


Along this wall Tina helped me create another work space where I could store everything else and sit and work on hair bows or cards.


cafe curtain rods for ribbon storage


Inspiration board




So there it is, my first real fancy-schmancy sewing room!

Tell us! Where do you sew?










Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...