Thursday, August 2, 2012

Retreat at My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe - Ahhhmazing!

Last month the Ogden NG and some of our favorite members from down south got together for a retreat in Logan, held at the “Attic” in My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe



Some girls came early, some came late, some stayed all day - all had a blast sewing, shopping, eating and just hanging out. The Attic retreat center and adjacent store really are a wonderful place to spend a Saturday, both are full of amazing displays and inspiration and the creative atmosphere is undeniable! 







The shop owners Kris and Mike were gracious hosts providing everything from drinks to personal ironing boards and waste baskets. Kris treated us with a fun make & take project so everyone went home with a charming pincushion, and armed with the knowledge to make more!




You can check out this video on their blog for the full tutorial.

In addition to a whopping discount in the quilt shop each attendee received a sweet little tote bag to carry all that new fabric home. 



I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of happy girls sewing and hanging out, I got so caught up in having a good time I didn't even break my camera out the whole day!

I guess you'll just have to believe me when I say everyone agreed the retreat was worth the drive, and we can’t wait to come back next spring! 

Tell us! What have you done for fun this summer?

Pin It
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...