Monday, June 25, 2012

Pretty Pattern Weights

I use large heavy nuts as pattern weights to, well,  hold down my patterns as I cut them out. While extremely functional and economical, as I was cutting out a project today I realized that my pattern weights are pretty boring.



I use these things all the time, so why not spend a minute to spiff them up a teeny bit?


I just cut two felt circles for each nut, and embroidered "sew" and "cut" on them

I then hand stitched around the edges, leaving an opening to slip the nut in and then finish stitching all the way around


I used stuff I had on hand, so these are still a super cheap alternative to traditional pattern weights!
(oh look, there's a sneak peek at my current project!)



Tell us! Have you taken the time to fancy up any of your sewing tools lately?


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea!! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute and creative! Love them! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at 8pm MDT for this week's party! :) -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments? We love to hear it all, thanks for dropping us a line!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...